Happy almost Friday!
How’s your week been? I feel like I needed to tell you guys about something that happened earlier in the week buuuuuut I can’t remember what it was. I guess it wasn’t super important.
It’s been gross and rainy here in Texas and I’m so over it. I had fully switched over to my spring wardrobe and now I’m back in jackets. Not okay.
Oooohhhhh, so this Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding!
I made it for Valentine’s Day and it was the perfect rich buttery chocolatey dessert and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since.
I’m not much of a bread person these days but for whatever reason, I can’t resist a croissant. And studded with chocolate chips and covered in a custard? I could’ve eaten the entire pan.
Bread pudding is super simple and also counts as breakfast so if you wanna make this for your Saturday breakfast this week, I’m not gonna judge you.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Arrange the croissant slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for about 10 minutes, until they are toasted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Once the croissants are toasted, place half in a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle about 2/3 of the chocolate chips over them and then top with remaining croissant slices. Pour the egg mixture over everything, pressing down gently to make sure everything is covered.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake until golden brown, 15 - 20 minutes more.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Want more chocolate recipes?