Ambrosia Macaroons are a delicious twist on the classic coconut macaroons. Made with coconut, dried pineapple, orange zest, lime juice, and a cherry on top!
I’m so into making cookies right now.
I have 3 different cookies on my counter right now.
I’m refusing to try any of them because I know if I have one, I’ll have to have them all.
No self control.
But these! I made these weeks ago and ate way more than I’m going to admit to you today. I cannot resist a coconut macaroon!
Ambrosia Macaroons Recipe
These are a little bit different from the classic coconut macaroon though.
They are supposed to have the same flavors as ambrosia salad so they’re made with lime juice, orange zest, dried pineapple, and they have a maraschino cherry on top!
How cute are they?!
Also, really really simple. And they take no time at all!
If you love coconut macaroons as much as I do, you have to give these a try!
More Cookie Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14 ounce package sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup finely diced dried pineapple
- 36 red maraschino cherries, drained, halved, and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white at high speed with an electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until foamy; gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir in butter, lime juice, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Stir in flour. Stir in coconut and pineapple until blended.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Place 1 cherry half in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown, switching baking sheets halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer cookies to wire racks, and cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g