Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble is a delicious fall dessert recipe! Cinnamon apples topped with a crumbly oat mixture – and it’s made in the crockpot so it is super simple!
Many apologies for being absent lately. I’m sure I mentioned that my husband has been in and out of the field all month and every time he comes home, we all get sick. And by “we all” I mean the baby and I. Because that’s just the kind of luck we have.
I figured I could at least update you on the exciting things that have happened since my last post. Most of it is about the dogs. You’re welcome.
- Clementine got her hair cut on Tuesday and Penelope did not recognize her. She wouldn’t let the imposter-Clem near their food for several days. (If you’re new here, Clementine is my 10 pound poodle mix and Penelope is a large husky.)
- I bought my first ever jar of Nutella on Wednesday and it was gone by Friday night. Funny thing is, I’ve never bought it before because I “don’t like” chocolate and was convinced that I would hate Nutella.
- Nicole made a S’Mores Frappe to commemorate the one year anniversary of S’Mores Week. I was supposed to make a S’Mores Shake but I was sick and then, umm… I ate all the Nutella that I bought for it.
- The other day, on the way to the dog park, Clementine jumped out the window of the car. Now, I’m a responsible
pet ownermom and I only open the windows halfway because I knew she would try that one day but she is craftier than I thought and now she’s not allowed to hang her face out the window. Thank goodness I’m also a strict speed limit follower and was only going 30 MPH. And double thank goodness that it was the weekend so the streets on post were dead. Because you know she just stood in the middle of the street after she did it.
That’s basically it.
My life is so exciting.
In unrelated news, I am in full-on fall mode. I am checking the mountains every day for snow even though I know we probably still have several months before we get any snow down here. I’m looking for Halloween costumes every time I go into a store.
I am ready for fall and pumpkins and apple picking and everything else that comes with fall!
I definitely plan on holding off on pumpkin until the Annual Food Bloggers Must Post Pumpkin Recipes Day (October 1) but I figured it’s never too early for apples!
How to Make Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble!
This Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble is one of my favorite fall recipes!
I love a crockpot dessert and this one couldn’t be any simpler. I’m willing to bet that you already have ever single ingredient in your kitchen so now you just have to put it all together in your slow cooker and let it work it’s magic.
You just put apples, white and brown sugar, and cinnamon in the bottom of your slow cooker. Then the apples get topped with the crumble mixture which is made with oats, more brown sugar, a tiny bit of flour, vanilla, and butter. Cook it on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours and that’s it! Top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if you’re feeling extra naughty.
I love making this one for the parties we host during football season because it’s hands off and it’s always such a hit. Someone always asks for this recipe!
But Where Is the Caramel?
I get a lot of questions asking why caramel isn’t listed in the ingredients.
Because caramel is just caramelized sugar!
The sugars turn into the caramel when they are cooked. And since this recipe calls for both brown sugar and granulated sugar, they turn into a super thick, super delicious caramel that coats the apples perfectly.
More Desserts in the Slow Cooker
- Crockpot Candy
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Brownie Cake
- Crockpot Crunchy Drop Cookies
- Slow Cooker Italian Style Cheesecake
For the apples:
For the topping:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 166mg Carbohydrates: 103g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 85g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g