Everything you love about cheeseburgers in a gnocchi dish! Cheesy gnocchi tossed with a homemade burger sauce, ground beef, and topped with crispy bacon and chopped pickles.
I’ve put pickles on something you’re not supposed to put pickles on again.
But listen, I’m having this thing with burgers right now. I took my kids to In-n-Out for our Christmas Eve dinner – did I tell you guys that? We defininitely had animal fries and double doubles in between making cookies for Santa.
And I’ve been thinking about burgers since then but, you know, New Years resolutions or whatever. So going into this long weekend I told myself I’d get In-n-Out by myself on Tuesday if I was good the entire weekend and then you know what happened yesterday?
A. SNOW. DAY.
In central Texas.
It didn’t snow. It was 19 degrees and I’m happy I didn’t have to go anywhere but I either needed snow or a burger in my life.
Maybe today if it warms up enough for me to leave the house.
Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi!
I never make gnocchi and I don’t know why. It’s fairly cheap (especially if you buy it in the pasta aisle instead of the refrigerated section), it cooks in literally 2 minutes, and it’s really freakin’ delicious.
This was like little potato pillows covered in bacon cheeseburger goodness.
Like I said, the gnocchi cooks in 2 minutes and then all you have to do is brown some ground beef, onions, and garlic. Then make a cheesy creamy sauce and stir in some bacon. Broil it until all the cheese melts and top it with chopped pickles.
I know that it sounds weird but my kids love this. Like, so much that next time I make it, I’ll probaby double it.
If you have any gnocchi recipes that you love, please leave them in the comments! I’m definitely going to start cooking with it more as we get busier in the spring.
More Easy Weeknight Meals
- Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
- Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- One Pan Pizza Pasta
- One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Gnocchi
- Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 16 ounce package gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 tablespoons pickles, diced
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over meidum-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook, breaking up the beef, until onion is translucent and beef is cooked through. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, water, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and let cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese and half of the bacon. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Broil until cheese is melted, just a minute or 2. Sprinkle with the rest of the bacon and the pickles before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 608mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g