Bacon Cheeseburger Rice – delicious cheesy rice with ground beef, bacon, barbecue sauce, and pickles on top! It’s ready in less than 20 minutes and a definite kid favorite!
Stay with me here. I promise there’s a reason I put pickles on top of rice.
But first, I got a Jeep yesterday! Yeah, buying a new car wasn’t really in the plans 4 weeks before we move to Texas but it was either pay a ridiculous amount of money for a new transmission or spend a ridiculous amount of money for a new car. And since my husband’s gone for months at a time and our Durango has been less than reliable recently, we just decided to bite the bullet.
Plus, I’ve been waiting for my kids to all be out of those annoying ginormous infant seats so I could get rid of my 3-row mom vehicle. (That had a Hemi. And I loved it. But still, it was a total mom car.)
My husband spent the night messing around with it. Like, it was snowing and he was out there in shorts, taking the top off, putting it back on, seeing how it looks this way, and then that way. We’ve just been waiting so long to get a Wrangler so we’re all a little excited.
Bacon Cheeseburger Rice!
So now, pickles on rice? Whaaaaat?
I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and then immediately added the ingredients to my grocery list. I am obsessed with bacon cheeseburgers lately (#sonotpaleo) and I knew I’d be into it.
It’s instant rice which makes for a really quick meal and then ground beef (or turkey!) with barbecue sauce, a little mustard, and other burger-y things. And then it’s all topped with crispy crumbled bacon and chopped pickles.
I loved it. My kids were all “Ewww! What’s the slimy green things?!” but ummm… there wasn’t a speck left on any of their plates.
Easy Weeknight Meals
- Bacon Tortellini Bake
- Texas Toast Pizza
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Gnocchi
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound lean ground beef, or ground turkey
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pickles
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no pink remains, breaking it up as it cooks. Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, dried minced onion, and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in the rice and half of the cheese. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chopped pickles before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 1130mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 50g