Burger and Fries Pot Pie – everything you love about cheeseburgers and fries as a pot pie! Ground beef, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and topped with crispy french fries.
Yesterday my kid came home and told me that they’d had a lockdown. It happens more than it probably should (#armylife) and thankfully it’s always nothing.
Really, it’s usually a parent threatening to punch the principal or something.
And no, it’s never been me.
Anyway, I asked what happened and he said, “There was a mountain lion! I saw it’s footprints on the playground on the way home!”
I was all, “Yeah….” and sent him upstairs to do his homework. So I went to my husband and said, “Hey, he said they had a lockdown because of a mountain lion.”
And he said, “Yeah, it’s possible. We see all kinds of things on the ranges.”
“What? Like they just come through the gate? That jerk wouldn’t let me through unless I took my sunglasses off the other day. But they’re letting mountain lions in?”
“Uhhh, a mountain lion could jump the fence. Pretty awesome, huh?”
And now I’m terrified. Of mountain lions. Hanging out in my backyard.
So in honor of the kid that may be telling me the truth or may be just trying to really scare his mother, I made something I knew he’d love.
Burger and Fries Pot Pie!
It’s really simple and my kids all loved it. It’s ground beef with some diced tomatoes and cheese and then it’s all topped with crinkle-cut French fries. How can that be bad? We won’t talk about how many French fries I stole off the top.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
- Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza
- Asian Glazed Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccoli
- Three Bean Enchilada Casserole
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can, 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen crinkle cut French fries
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion together until beef is cooked through and onion is soft and translucent. Sprinkle flour over the mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 1 ½-quart casserole dish; spread out into an even layer and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange French fries in a single layer on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until French fries are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g