Cheesy Chicken Hobo Packs – stuffing, chicken, broccoli, bacon, and cheese all layered and cooked in foil packets. They can be grilled or baked! Easiest dinner ever.
Today I brought you a mess of a dinner.
Trust me, I realize it’s not much to look at.
But it’s one that my kids LOVED so I figured I had no choice but to share it with you.
Have you ever made hobo packs? The idea is that you just pile everything into aluminum foil, seal it, and then put it on the grill until everything is cooked through.
So they are great to do while camping but since I’m not much of a camper, I did these in the oven. Either way works though!
Cheesy Chicken Hobo Packs Recipe!
I’ve avoided these hobo pack recipes for years now because I assumed those guys I live with wouldn’t like them.
But these Cheesy Chicken Hobo Packs have cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and bacon. All things my guys love! And it even has the only veggie they all agree on.
They are super simple to make because you just put all the ingredients in an piece of aluminum foil and then bake until the chicken is done.
And clean up is a breeze since the mess is contained in the aluminum foil.
Seriously, so easy!
How to Grill Hobo Packs
To change the recipe from the oven to the grill, just cook the hobo packs over medium heat for 20 – 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
More Recipes for the Grill
- Lemon Thyme Pork Chops with Peaches
- Grilled Pineapple Jerk Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Tequila Steak Pizza
- Orange Barbecued Ribs
- Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box chicken flavored stuffing
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon; crumbled
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray 4 large sheets of aluminum foil with oil. Set aside.
- Mix stuffing and water together in a mixing bowl. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto each aluminum foil sheet and set a chicken breast on top of each. Top each one with 1/2 cup of broccoli. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 of the bacon, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Fold the sides of the foil up into a packet.
- Place all the packs onto a baking sheet and bake 20 - 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 165mg Sodium: 686mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 55g