Cherry Fluff is a fluffy fruit salad made with cherry pie filling, marshmallows, coconut, and nuts. The perfect no bake summer dessert!
This summer has officially been the summer of fruit salads for me. I think this is the 4th fruit salad recipe I’ve posted because we just can’t get enough.
I think they are so fun and, of course, my kids are always excited about a fruit salad full of different textures and flavors.
This one is especially fun and I think it would be great all summer long or even served as a side dish at a holiday meal. How pretty would these colors be at Christmas?!
Why You’re Going To Love This REcipe
- Everyone loves a no bake dessert in the summer! And it’s the perfect cool treat to enjoy on a hot day.
- This Cherry Fluff takes about 10 minutes to put together and then you just need to let it chill for a couple hours, which means it’s perfect to make ahead of a party or get together.
- It is so delicious! It has cherries, marshmallows, coconut, and nuts – of course it tastes amazing.
- Instant vanilla pudding – you can use the sugar free/fat free instant pudding if you want.
- Crushed pineapple – you’ll be using the pineapple and the juice so make sure you don’t drain the juice from the can.
- Cool Whip – this is what gives the fruit salad the “fluff” that you want. You fold it into the fruit so that it keeps a lot of it’s airiness. You can use the lite or fat free kind if you want.
- Cherry pie filling – this is in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Mini marshmallows – the best part of a fluff fruit salad!
- Shredded coconut – if you aren’t into the texture of coconut, you can leave this out.
- Nuts – you can use either walnuts or pecans.
How To Make Cherry Fluff
- Make the dressing. Stir together the instant vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple with the juice.
- Add Cool Whip. Using a rubber spatula, fold the Cool Whip into the pineapple mixture.
- Add mixins. Fold in the cherry pie filling,marshmallows, coconut, and nuts.
- Chill. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4.
- Garnish and serve. When ready to serve, top with additional nuts and cherries if desired. Enjoy!
How Long Is It Good For?
Cherry Fluff is good for up to 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
It may become less fluffy as it sits but just give it a good stir and it should be good to go.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Cherry Fluff needs to be made at least a couple hours ahead of time so it’s perfect for prepping ahead for a party.
It can also be made the night before but make sure you give it a good stir before garnishing and serving.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
- Grape Salad
- Pistachio Marshmallow Salad
- Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the instant vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple with the juice. Stir until fully incorporated and the mixture has thickened.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the Cool Whip into the pineapple mixture.
- Fold in the cherry pie filling,marshmallows, coconut, and nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4.
- When ready to serve, top with additional nuts and cherries if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g