Banana Split Fluff is a delicious and indulgent dessert that combines the classic flavors of banana split with the light and fluffy texture of marshmallows. It’s the perfect no bake treat for summer!
How do you feel about banana splits?
It’s never something I’m going to order but if you put one in front of me? I’ll immediately become obsessed and think of nothing but banana splits for a month.
This Banana Split Fluff has all those classic flavors of a banana split tossed with marshmallows and banana pudding. It is so delicious with so many different flavors and textures!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipes
- It has all the flavors of a banana split plus marshmallows! How can you go wrong?!
- This banana split fluff is completely no bake and no cook! You just have to stir everything together and let it chill in the refrigerator.
- I love taking this kind of dessert to BBQs in the summer because it’s a chilled dessert but you don’t have to worry about it melting like you would ice cream. It’s super refreshing in the heat of summer.
Ingredients For Banana Split Fluff
- Instant Banana Pudding Mix – make sure it’s instant and not the cook and serve kind. You can use the sugar free kind if you prefer. You can also use vanilla, coconut, or cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix!
- Crushed Pineapple in Juice – don’t drain the juice, it’s going to be the liquid that creates the pudding. If you are worried that it’s too much pineapple flavor, you can drain the juice and replace it with 1 cup of cold milk.
- Cool Whip – thaw it overnight in the fridge before you plan to make it. You can use the lite Cool Whip.
- Bananas – don’t use a super ripe banana or it will fall apart when you stir everything together.
- Strawberries – these add the prettiest pop of red in this salad!
- Mini Marshmallows
- Maraschino Cherries – make sure to drain and remove the stems. I even like to rinse these so the juice doesn’t turn the dressing red. Also, save some for topping the dish!
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips – you can use dark or milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Peanuts or Pecans – peanuts are the traditional nut for banana splits but use whatever you want!
- Whipped Cream – totally optional but swirls of whipped cream on top of the finished salad makes it really look like a banana split
- Sprinkles – also optional but sprinkles make it so much more fun!
How To Make Banana Split Fluff Salad
- Make pudding: Combine together the instant banana pudding mix powder with the crushed pineapple in juice.
- Add Cool Whip. Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula.
- Add mixins: Add the bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, cherries, semisweet chocolate chips, and nuts. Fold to combine until everything is evenly coated in the banana pudding cream mix.
- Chill: Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Garnish and serve! When ready to serve, top with more nuts, chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
How Long Is It Good For?
Banana Split Fluff is good for up to 3 days. After that, everything will start to lose it’s texture and become mushy.
Make sure you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And give it a good stir before serving.
Can You Freeze It?
I don’t recommend trying to freeze this marshmallow salad.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
- Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- Pistachio Marshmallow Salad
- Grape Salad
- Snickers Apple Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant banana pudding
- 1 (40 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 16 ounce fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (about ⅔ of a 10 ounce bag)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained well and stems removed (reserve some for topping)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- ½ cup chopped peanuts OR walnuts, plus more for topping
- whipped cream, for topping
- sprinkles, for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the instant banana pudding mix powder with the crushed pineapple in juice. Mix until the powder fully dissolves and the pudding thickens.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula.
- Add the bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, cherries, semisweet chocolate chips, and nuts. Fold to combine until everything is evenly coated in the banana pudding cream mix.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with more nuts, chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g