Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups are a fun and delicious treat for kids of all ages! These individual dessert cups are filled with creamy chocolate pudding, crunchy Oreo crumbs, and gummy worms for a playful twist on a classic dessert. Perfect for birthday parties or just a fun snack!
If you love this fun dessert, try Dirt and Worms Chex Mix!
How cute are they?! I think these are officially my favorite summer dessert. I will definitely be making them all summer long.
I think what I love most is that kids and adults get equally excited over these. Everyone loves a dessert topped with gummy worms!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- This nostalgic dessert is going to appeal to kids of all ages! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t get excited about dirt and worms.
- The creamy pudding, crunchy cookies, and gummy worms create such a fun texture and flavor profile. They are so delicious together!
- They are quick and easy! It takes about 10 minutes to mix everything up and assemble the cups. From there, they just need a few minutes to chill.
- Chocolate pudding mix – you can use sugar free/fat free pudding mix if you want.
- Milk – make sure your milk is cold or you pudding won’t set.
- Cool Whip – this is going to make your pudding mixture light and fluffy. You can use the Lite Cool Whip if you want.
- Oreos – you are going to crush these until they look like dirt. There’s a bunch of different Oreo flavors to choose from, just make sure you get one that has chocolate cookies.
- Gummy worms – you can use any gummy creature that would live in the dirt: frogs, other insects, whatever you want.
How To Make Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups
- Make pudding. Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk in a large mixing bowl. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Add Cool Whip. Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until just combined.
- Assemble. Divide the pudding between your 8 serving cups and top each cup with crushed Oreos, or layer the pudding and crushed Oreo for a fun look!
- Chill. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top and serve! Garnish the top of each pudding account with 3-4 gummy worms before serving, enjoy!
Pudding cups are good for up to 2 – 3 days. Make sure you cover them tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
Keep in mind that the cookie crumbs will soften the longer they sit in the fridge. And I also recommend not adding the gummy worms until you are ready to serve as those will harden in the fridge.
You can use the sugar free/fat free pudding mixes.
You can also use the lite or fat free Cool Whip.
More No Bake Treats
- Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- No Bake Cookie Butter Pie
- Funfetti Muddy Buddies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Sand Pudding
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups
- 1 (3.4 ounce) chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 20 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 24 - 32 gummy worms
- 8 plastic cups, for serving
- Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk in a large mixing bowl until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until just combined.
- Divide the pudding between your 8 serving cups and top each cup with crushed Oreos, or layer the pudding and crushed Oreo for a fun look!
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish the top of each pudding account with 3-4 gummy worms before serving, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply