Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups are a fun and delicious treat for kids of all ages! These individual dessert cups are filled with creamy chocolate pudding, crunchy Oreo crumbs, and gummy worms for a playful twist on a classic dessert. Perfect for birthday parties or just a fun snack!
If you love this fun dessert, try Dirt and Worms Chex Mix!
How cute are they?! I think these are officially my favorite summer dessert. I will definitely be making them all summer long.
I think what I love most is that kids and adults get equally excited over these. Everyone loves a dessert topped with gummy worms!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- This nostalgic dessert is going to appeal to kids of all ages! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t get excited about dirt and worms.
- The creamy pudding, crunchy cookies, and gummy worms create such a fun texture and flavor profile. They are so delicious together!
- They are quick and easy! It takes about 10 minutes to mix everything up and assemble the cups. From there, they just need a few minutes to chill.
- Chocolate pudding mix – you can use sugar free/fat free pudding mix if you want.
- Milk – make sure your milk is cold or you pudding won’t set.
- Cool Whip – this is going to make your pudding mixture light and fluffy. You can use the Lite Cool Whip if you want.
- Oreos – you are going to crush these until they look like dirt. There’s a bunch of different Oreo flavors to choose from, just make sure you get one that has chocolate cookies.
- Gummy worms – you can use any gummy creature that would live in the dirt: frogs, other insects, whatever you want.
How To Make Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups
- Make pudding. Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk in a large mixing bowl. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Add Cool Whip. Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until just combined.
- Assemble. Divide the pudding between your 8 serving cups and top each cup with crushed Oreos, or layer the pudding and crushed Oreo for a fun look!
- Chill. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top and serve! Garnish the top of each pudding account with 3-4 gummy worms before serving, enjoy!
Pudding cups are good for up to 2 – 3 days. Make sure you cover them tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
Keep in mind that the cookie crumbs will soften the longer they sit in the fridge. And I also recommend not adding the gummy worms until you are ready to serve as those will harden in the fridge.
You can use the sugar free/fat free pudding mixes.
You can also use the lite or fat free Cool Whip.
More No Bake Treats
- Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- No Bake Cookie Butter Pie
- Funfetti Muddy Buddies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Sand Pudding
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (3.4 ounce) chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 20 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 24 - 32 gummy worms
- 8 plastic cups, for serving
- Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk in a large mixing bowl until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until just combined.
- Divide the pudding between your 8 serving cups and top each cup with crushed Oreos, or layer the pudding and crushed Oreo for a fun look!
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish the top of each pudding account with 3-4 gummy worms before serving, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.