I am loving spring flavors right now. No surprise since it’s been in the 80s in Texas for the last week or so. How crazy is that?
I keep thinking about how much I want to go back to Colorado and then I see their weather and I’m like, “Ehh… maybe I’ll just stay in Texas and continue to wear flipflops all year.”
I am especially loving all things berry right now. I feel like I’m going to the store every other day for more strawberries! I’m loving them in everything, especially in treats like these Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting!
I’m still loving having a stockpile of Pillsbury mixes and frostings in my pantry. But this time, I want to chat about the cake mixes because they are my alltime fave. If you ever see me instagramming or snapping cupcakes, I can guarantee I made them with the Pillsbury Moist Supreme mix.
Seriously, the softest cupcakes you will ever make.
So for these cupcakes, I took the white cake mix and made it according to the box instructions, except I added just a bit of fresh lemon zest. It gave the cupcakes a nice freshness – and also gave me an excuse to put strawberries on top.
Because lemon and strawberry is just the most perfect combo!
For the frosting, I used the Pillsbury Creamy Supreme in vanilla and stirred in some pureed strawberries. Such an easy way to make a store-bought frosting your own!
The soft lemon cupcakes with the strawberry frosting was so delicious.
My oldest has a birthday this weekend and has requested that I make these again for the party!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White mix
- water, vegetable oil, and eggs required by cake mix box
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
For the frosting:
- 1 container Pillsbury Creamy Supreme frosting in vanilla
- 6 large strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix with all ingredients as instructed by box. Stir in lemon zest.
- Bake according to box instructions. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, use a blender to puree the strawberries. In a large mixing bowl, fold the strawberry puree into the Pillsbury Creamy Supreme frosting. Spread generously on cooled cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g