These are going to be your new favorite fall breakfast! Moist and delicious Pumpkin Apple Muffins are filled with pumpkin and diced apples and topped with a crunchy streusel topping.
I’ve made these Pumpkin Apple Muffins three times this month. It’s the perfect way to combine everyone’s favorite fall flavors: pumpkin and apple!
The muffins are moist and delicious and then they get topped with the best crunchy streusel topping.
They are the perfect easy breakfast, after school snack, or you can toss them in the freezer for a day when you just don’t feel like cooking.
- Vegetable oil – you can use coconut oil or butter if you prefer – just make sure to melt them and let them cool slightly before mixing in the rest of the ingredients
- Granulated sugar – sugar is going in both the muffin batter and the streusel topping
- Pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling. You want the only ingredient to be pumpkin
- All-purpose flour – flour is going in the muffin batter and the streusel topping
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, and a dash of allspice and cloves
- Butter – for the streusel topping
- Cinnamon – for the streusel topping
- Combine wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Make batter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fill muffin cups. Fill 18 muffin cups lined with paper liners about ¾ full.
- Make streusel topping. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives to combine butter, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Top muffins. Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of muffins.
- Bake muffins. Bake at 350F for 20 – 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
How To Make Streusel Topping
To make the streusel topping for muffins, you combine butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
You want to “cut” the butter in so that it’s crumbly. The easiest way to do this is with a pastry blender but you can also use 2 knives to do it.
How Long Are They Good For?
Pumpkin apple muffins are good for about 3 days at room temperature. Make sure to store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh for as long as possible.
I use this muffin tin with a lid when I bake muffins so I can just pop the top on when they’re cool. Less dishes is always good! You can also just put them in a big ziploc bag (squeeze out as much air as possible) or other airtight container.
Can You Freeze Muffins?
You can freeze muffins for up to 3 months. I recommend wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and then putting them in freezer ziploc bags.
When you are ready to serve them, just let them sit at room temperature for several hours. You can also warm them in the microwave or oven at low temperature.
More Muffin Recipes
- Blueberry Bran Muffins
- Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
- Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins
- Zucchini Cinnamon Chip Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apple, peeled and finely diced
For the streusel topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 regular size muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about ¾ full.
- To make the streusel topping, use a pastry blender or 2 knives to combine butter, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g