This Spicy Chicken Salad featuring Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt is going to become your go-to lunch! Easy, healthy, and so delicious!
What do you usually do for lunch?
I got in this nasty habit of buying salads for lunch a few weeks ago. I used it as an excuse to get out of the house (which is also my work) but it got real expensive, real quick. So I’ve been looking for options that aren’t bags of nacho cheese tortilla chips or boxed macaroni and cheese.
You know, healthier options.
Anyway, I’ve broken the salad habit and the mac and cheese habit and I’m officially hooked on this Spicy Chicken Salad.
I’m super duper excited (like, seriously) to share the brand new Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt.
You guys, this mayo has half the fat of regular mayo and is the only mayo out there to offer protein as a nutrient. This is a big deal.
You won’t miss the fat though – it’s got a creamy, tangy flavor that really enhances the flavor of food.
This Spicy Chicken Salad recipe was developed specifically for Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt by James Beard winning Chef Alon Shaya of Shaya restaurant in New Orleans.
I’m a chicken salad person – are you? I am forever making this recipe that calls for sweet things like grapes and pecans so I was excited to try a spicy chicken salad! It’s got chicken, red onion, celery, mint, cilantro! Plus, the Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt and sriracha for the heat.
I found these cute slider buns to serve mine on but you could totally serve it on regular sandwich bread or even wrapped up in lettuce!
Check out other recipes featuring Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt here.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 large chicken legs, boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, diced small
- ⅓ cup celery, diced small
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced (both green and white)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- ¾ cup Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chili sauce or to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- 4 sandwich buns
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Lay the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool to room temperature. (SKIP THIS STEP by using rotisserie or leftover chicken!)
- Dive the chicken into small pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add red onion, celery, scallions, cilantro, mint, Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt, sriracha, and ½ teaspoon salt; stir to combine.
- Toast all the buns until golden brown. Place a large spoonful of salad on the bun and top with pickle slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 2718mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 60g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Plate® Mayonnaise.