Before we get to these cookies, can we talk Real Housewives? Y’all know I have always been a Real Housewives fan. Since the first season of Orange County which was, what? 8 years ago? Yeah, I’m a big fan.
But I am so disappointed with every city these days. It seems like the longer someone is on a show, the more crap they have to promote. I swear New Jersey is 100% promotions these days. Bakeries, books, music, strange bottles of black water…? I mean, we haven’t seen a good ham game played in years. And no one’s been called a “prostitution whoraaa” in a way too long. I just want to go back to the good ol’ days – is that too much to ask?
I’ve seen cookies made with pudding mix around the interwebs for years now but I never have pudding in the house and I don’t ever plan to make cookies when I’m working on my grocery list. But I somehow ended up with pudding in my pantry this week and new it was time to finally try these cookies.
They’re so good! They don’t really taste different from a normal chocolate chip cookie but they are super soft, just how I like my cookies. I’m really happy that I finally got around to trying them and hopefully I remember to stock up on pudding so I can try different versions. Definitely make these if you’re a fan of soft cookies!
from Chef In Training
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in pudding mix and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips and beat just until they are incorporated.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-12 minutes.