I don’t know if you guys have noticed but I am SO READY FOR FALL, SNOW, WINTER, SNOW, HALLOWEEN, SNOW, CHRISTMAS, and most importantly SNOW.
It’s like that scene in Knocked Up when the guy says he wishes he liked anything as much as his kids like bubbles. I imagine my husband probably says, “I wish I liked anything as much as my wife likes snow!”
We had a day last week where our high was in the 50s and I was in heaven. I broke out my boots, my winter coat, my big scarf that my mom made me. It was awesome. I’m sure everyone who saw me thought I was crazy pants but… I’m just excited, y’all.
And btw, it’s well into the hundreds in Afghanistan and my husband is not amused by the scarf selfies I send him. #bestwifeever
One of the great things about fall is, of course, apples. Oh man, I can’t even wait for the honeycrisps to show up. They are probably the thing I like most about fall.
But while we wait for honeycrisps, I had to make something with apples. This is a Taffy Apple Pizza with a sugar cookie crust, a peanut butter cream cheese sauce, apples, peanuts, and a caramel drizzle.
I totally don’t mind eating fruit if it’s served on a cookie with caramel on top.
If you need me I’ll be sitting in my house, sweating my butt off because I’m too stubborn to turn on the A/C. Come on, fall!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
adapted from Taste of Home
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the sugar cookie dough into a large circle about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until the sugar cookie is golden brown. Cool completely before proceeding.
- Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Add milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency. Spread the mixture oven the cooled sugar cookie crust. Arrange apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cinnamon; drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!