Buckeye Fudge – rich peanut butter fudge topped with a layer of chocolate ganache! It’s like the buckeye candies in fudge form. Super easy recipe, made completely in the microwave!
Don’t you love those buckeye candies? You know the peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate?
I love them. Love, love, love them. You know what I don’t like? Dipping a million peanut butter balls in chocolate.
This fudge tastes just like buckeye candies but there’s no dipping in chocolate!
It’s a rich peanut butter fudge with a crunch from chopped peanuts, topped with a chocolate ganache. All the cooking is done completely int he microwave and it is so easy!
They’ll make a great addition to your holiday cookie tins!
- Peanut butter chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Creamy peanut butter
- Salted dry roasted peanuts
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Microwave peanut butter chips in 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute, until smooth
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and peanuts until well combined
- Press into a 9×9-inch pan lined with aluminum foil
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Microwave semisweet chocolate chips for 1 minute; stir until smooth
- Spread chocolate over chilled fudge
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set before slicing and serving
How Long Is Homemade Fudge Good For?
Homemade fudge will be good for several weeks if stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
I love these containers for things like fudge because they let no air in which keeps the fudge fresh even longer.
You can also store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. I would wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer ziploc bag.
More Fudge Recipes
- Eggnog Fudge
- Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Bourbon Praline Fudge
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Maple Bacon Fudge
- Candy Corn Fudge
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup salted dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave peanut butter chips in 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and peanuts.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and heavy cream for 60 seconds; stir until smooth. If it's still not smooth, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Spread chocolate over the chilled fudge.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, preferably overnight.
- Cut into 36 pieces. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g