Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini – a fall twist on the classic alfredo sauce recipe! Tossed with tortellini and sprinkled with fresh sage and walnuts. You won’t be able to resist this one!
Yes, this is my 2nd pumpkin recipe this week.
FOR THE RECORD, I originally had 5 scheduled and then realized that I was being insane and moved things around.
But you may still get 3 pumpkin recipes this week.
Look, I enjoy pumpkin.
I dunno what else to tell you.
Anyway. How’s the week? We’ve made it halfway through. I’ve only been in the principal’s office once this week so we’re calling it a win so far.
You guys, I went my entire school life never getting in trouble. No detention, no meetings with the principal, nothing.
But I am in that principal’s office at least once a week with one of my boys.
Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini!
I say this every time I make something that includes an alfredo sauce, but seriously, I hate alfredo sauce. Literally, alfredo sauce and celery are the only things I absolutely cannot eat.
But this pumpkin alfredo?
I love this.
I love this more than I love My 600-Pound Life marathons.
The pumpkin! And the fresh sage! And the walnuts!
Oh my gahhh. I can’t get enough.
It’s also super easy and you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand. Don’t use the pre-shredded Parmesan in this one. Just don’t. It gets all goopy and clumps together and won’t make a creamy sauce. Just buy a bit of Parmesan and make your 7 year old shred it like I do.
If you feel like you need to add some meat to it, go for sausage. It will be extra delicious.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 20 ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and whisk until smooth. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, making sure no clumps form. Add milk and pumpkin and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Once tortellini is cooked, drain it and add to the sauce; toss to combine. Before serving, sprinkle with fresh sage and walnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g