Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Farfalle – slow cooker chicken shredded and tossed with pasta, bacon, cream, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
Originally published January 28, 2014. Updated June 15, 2020.
This is one of the first recipes I ever found on the internet after I became a stay-at-home mom. So I’ve been making it for years and years and years. And no, I won’t tell you how many years ago that was.
The chicken cooks all day in the slow cooker in a tasty marinade until it’s practically falling apart. Then you shred that and add it to cooked pasta, crispy bacon, lots of black pepper, and a creamy Parmesan sauce.
My kids love it and it makes a ton so we always have plenty for dinner and leftovers for the next day.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounce bottle Lawry’s Mesquire Marinade with Lime Juice
- Farfalle pasta (use any small shape of pasta)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh garlic
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Farfalle
- Put chicken in slow cooker with the marinade
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred
- Cook farfalle according to package instructions
- Cook bacon; crumble when cool
- In a separate skillet, cook garlic in butter
- Add heavy whipping cream, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon
- Whisk together on low heat for 3 – 4 minutes
- Pour sauce over cooked, drained pasta
- Add shredded chicken and stir through
- Sprinkle more Parmesan on top
How Long Is Garlic Chicken Farfalle Good For?
This pasta will last up to 3 – 5 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
If it seems dry when reheating, a splash of chicken broth or more heavy cream will help to loosen it up and make it saucy again.
Can You Freeze Garlic Chicken Farfalle?
I haven’t tried it but it should freeze fine. I would use a freezer ziploc bag and squeeze as much air out as possible.
It might be a little dry after being defrosted so adding some chicken broth or cream will help. Also, more cheese won’t hurt.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cool Ranch Chicken
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Put chicken in slow cooker and cover with marinade. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, pour the sauce over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1135mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g