Are you tired of hearing about how overwhelmed I am?
I don’t know, y’all. I think the deployment may just be getting to me. And I was too lazy to go down to CYS to sign the kids up for free deployment daycare so I just… I’m just overwhelmed by the day to day. The two schools plus the baby (he’s not a baby), the soccer, the football, everything else! This is such a crazy time of year.
The first thing to go is always dinner. Sometimes it’s just seems like it’ll take way too much energy to stand over the stove. The kids are perfectly fine with PB&J but we can only do so many of those before all that dreaded mom guilt hits.
Fun fact: I had a guinea pig named Pot Roast once. I got her after Hurricane Katrina when we were still without power but I still had to go into work everyday. I shop my feelings. Or in this case, I adopt rodents my feelings. Or something. But anyway, I was on the phone with my BFF afterwards and she suggested I name her Pot Roast because she was eating a pork chop that she thought was pot roast. Yep.
Years later, my sister-in-law adopted Pot Roast and another guinea pig who she named Spud. They were very happy together.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 Reynolds Oven Bag + tie
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- black pepper
- 1 3-4 pound chuck roast
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare Reynolds Oven Bag according to box instructions.
- Put carrots, onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, and black pepper in bag. Squish it all together to mix it up. Add chuck roast. Tie the bag shut.
- Holding the bag upright, cut six ½-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Place bag on a large, rimmed baking sheet, making sure nothing hangs over the side.
- Bake for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the roast is very tender.
- Cut open bag carefully and transfer meat and vegetables to a serving dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 57g