Only 5 ingredients for this delicious, kid-friendly, crockpot meal! Serve Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast over mashed potatoes or rice to soak up all that delicious gravy.
You know those
weeks months where nothing you cook turns out?
I’m having one of those right now.
I told y’all about all my cookies spreading but didn’t mention that it’s everything I cook. I don’t know what’s up with me but I’m sick of it!
In an effort to make something my kids wouldn’t spit out (yeah, that bad) I decided to make this super easy Mississippi Roast that I knew they would love.
What is Mississippi Roast?
Mississippi roast is an easy pot roast recipe that’s cooked in the slow cooker. It combines several ingredients you wouldn’t normally combine but it makes the most delicious, savory roast.
The story says that it’s called Mississippi Roast just because the person that created the recipe is from Mississippi. I love Mississippi and I love this roast so it works for me.
Ingredients in Mississippi Roast
- 1 (3 pound) chuck roast
- 1 (1 oz) pack of dry Ranch dressing
- 1 (1 oz) pack of Au Jus mix
- 1 stick butter
- 5 – 6 pepperoncini
- Place the roast in the slow cooker
- Sprinkle the Ranch dressing and the Au Jus mix over it. Place butter on top; followed by Pepperoncini
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Shred the meat and serve with gravy
How Long Is It Good For?
This roast will stay good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible. These glass airtight containers are my favorite for leftovers!
You can reheat the meat and gravy in the microwave or on the stovetop. If the gravy has thickened a little too much, just add a little beef broth or water to thin it out.
Can You Freeze Mississippi Roast?
Yes! Mississippi Roast freezes beautifully! I like to shred the meat and put it in a freezer ziploc bag with some of the gravy. And then I just let it defrost overnight in the fridge before serving.
You can reheat in the microwave, stovetop, or even put it back in the slow cooker. If the gravy is too thick, add a splash of beef broth or water to loosen it up.
It will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What To Serve with Mississippi Roast?
I always serve Mississippi Roast with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes so the potatoes can soak up all that delicious gravy. You could also do rice or mashed cauliflower.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 3- pound chuck roast
- 1 1- ounce pack of dry Ranch dressing
- 1 1- ounce pack of Au Jus mix
- ½ cup 1 stick butter or margarine
- 5 - 6 pepperoncini
- Place the roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Ranch dressing and the Au Jus mix over it. Place butter on top; followed by Pepperoncini.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred and serve with gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 737mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g