Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee – the classic saltine toffee with a peanut butter layer! So easy and delicious – Santa is going to love them!
Originally posted December 16, 2014. Updated December 11, 2020.
Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee is one of my favorite holiday treats. We make it every year because it is quick and easy, uses really simple ingredients, and everyone loves it!
It’s layers of crispy saltine crackers coated in butter and brown sugar (and baked to create the toffee part), peanut butter, and chocolate. All topped with cute holiday sprinkles! Perfect for holiday cookie tins or to leave out for Santa!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Saltine Bark
- Saltine crackers
- Brown sugar
- Salted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Holiday sprinkles
- Lay saltine crackers down in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet
- Boil butter and brown sugar together for 3 minutes
- Pour brown sugar mixture over saltines and bake at 400F for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and dollop with peanut butter
- Return to oven for 1 minute
- Remove and spread peanut butter over crackers
- Top with semisweet chocolate chips and return to oven for 1 minute
- Remove and use a spatula to spread chocolate over top
- Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles
How Long Is Saltine Toffee Good For?
Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee will be good in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
You may want to bring it to room temperature before serving but I like it best right out of the fridge!
More Holiday Treats
- Rum Balls
- Crockpot Candy
- Italian Sugar Cookies
- Almond Bark Drop Cookies
- Eggnog Fudge
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¼ pound one sleeve salted Saltine crackers
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large, rimmed cookie sheet with parchment.
- Lay the Saltine crackers down in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar and the butter in a small saucepan. Melt the butter and bring to a good boil. Boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers. Put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dollop spoonfuls of peanut butter over the crackers. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and spread the peanut butter all over the crackers. Top with the semisweet chocolate chips and return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and use a spatula to spread the chocolate all over the top. Top with the chopped M&Ms.
- Let set completely (I let mine sit overnight) before breaking apart.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g