Honey Ham Biscuits are a delicious way to use leftover ham. Canned biscuits filled with sliced ham and Swiss cheese and brushed with honey butter!
Originally published on April 7, 2014. Updated on March 20, 2018.
The kids went back to school yesterday.
I did as every mom does after a solid 10 days with no break.
I got a spray tan and then drove an hour to the nearest Whole Foods for coconut flour tortilla chips and a bag of vegan peanut butter M&Ms.
Boyfriend was all, “You go to the coffee shop to work this morning?”
Anyway, I knocked out, like, 10 recipes last week while they were home and asking a billion questions every minute of the day so you better believe I have a yoga class scheduled this morning and then plan to spend at least 3 hours strolling around the library.
Might even sit in my car and watch Instagram stories without interruption for awhile before driving home.
- Refrigerated biscuits – the ones in a can that say “flaky layers”. You want to be able to pull them in half.
- Sliced ham – you can use deli ham or if you have leftover ham from a baked ham, use that!
- Swiss cheese – you could also use a provolone or anything cheese that doesn’t have a super sharp flavor.
- Butter – this is going on the biscuits to make sure they are extra bubbly and delicious. This is also help them get that gorgeous golden brown color in the oven.
- Honey – after the biscuits are baked, you are going to brush the honey on them.
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prep biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers, placing the bottom halves on the prepared baking sheet
- Add ingredients. Top the bottoms with a pile of Swiss cheese and ham
- Top. Place top of biscuits on top
- Add butter. Brush tops with melted butter
- Bake. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown
- Brush with honey. Warm the honey in the microwave just until liquid; brush on top of biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven
You can use deli-sliced ham or slices of ham that you baked!
Honey Ham Biscuits are good in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 days. I recommend wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and then placing them in freezer ziploc bags or an airtight container.
When you want to serve them, remove all plastic wrap and microwave for about a minute.
More Recipes with Canned Biscuits
- Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits
- Chicken and Biscuits
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Sticky Bun Monkey Bread
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 10- count can of biscuits, with layers
- ½ pound thinly sliced ham
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with oil.
- Separate your biscuits into 2 layers; placing the bottom halves on your prepared baking sheet. Top with a mound of swiss cheese and ham. Place top of biscuit on top. Brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Warm the honey in the microwave just until liquid. Brush on top of biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven. Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g