Rum Balls – a classic holiday treat! Crushed cookies, ground pecans, and spiced rum make a delicious no bake dessert. Really cute in cookie tins!
Holiday cookie tin season is my favorite season.
Especially this year when we can’t really hang out with people. So a cute cookie tin filled with delicious treats left on the front porch is a great way to make fun holiday memories with your family and friends.
Rum balls are so easy and so delicious! They’re completely no bake so you really just have to combine all the ingredients, roll it into balls, and roll the balls into your desired toppings, like powdered sugar or chopped nuts. They’re a holiday classic and a must make!
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- Ground pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Dark rum
- Mix together crushed vanilla wafers, ground pecans, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dark rum, honey, and water
- Stir rum mixture into vanilla wafer mixture and combine well
- Shape into 1-inch balls
- Roll in additional powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and chopped pecans
What Kind of Rum Do You Use For Rum Balls?
Look for something that says spiced rum. You should be able to find it at any liquor store.
How Long Are Rum Balls Good For?
These rum balls will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
More Holiday Treats
- Crockpot Candy
- Almond Bark Drop Cookies
- Bourbon Praline Fudge
- Italian Sugar Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Christmas Confetti Cookies
- Peanut Brittle
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ½ cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 cookies)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup spiced rum
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon water
- powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chopped pecans (for rolling)
- Mix together crushed vanilla wafers, ground pecans, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dark rum, honey, and water.
- Stir rum mixture into vanilla wafer mixture and combine well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or chopped pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g