Easy and delicious holiday treat! White Chocolate Peppermint Chex calls for only 3 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes!
Originally published November 19, 2014. Updated November 11, 2021.
I love cereal mixes around the holidays. Especially for parties! They’re the perfect little snacky thing that people can grab while they’re waiting for real food or just want to nibble on something.
I have a whole Chex Mix category if you need more ideas.
This one is great for holidays because it doubles as a snack AND dessert. It’s Chex cereal coated in peppermint white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
It’s only 3 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare! It’s also great for little helpers since you won’t be using the stove or oven.
- Chex cereal – Rice or Corn Chex, whichever you prefer
- White almond bark – sometimes it will say ALMOND BARK in big letters and sometimes it will say “vanilla candy coating” like mine in the photo above. You can find it in the baking aisle of any grocery store
- Candy canes – you are going to crush these. The easiest way to do that is to put unwrapped candy canes in a thick ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or other heavy object to crush them
How To Make White Chocolate Peppermint Chex
- Prepare. Place a piece of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Add Chex. Put Chex cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt almond bark. Put almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until melted; stir until smooth
- Add candy canes. Stir half of the crushed candy canes into the melted almond bark.
- Combine ingredients. Pour the almond bark mixture over the Chex cereal and use a rubber spatula to gently stir the cereal until coated.
- Transfer. Carefully spread the Chex over the wax or parchment paper and quickly sprinkle remaining candy canes on top.
- Allow to set. Let the Chex sit on a flat surface until the almond bark has hardened.
How Long Is It Good For?
White Chocolate Peppermint Chex is good for about 4 days in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze It?
I don’t recommend trying to freeze this Chex. The cereal would likely end up soggy after being frozen and defrosted.
More Chex Recipes
- Cheesy Taco Chex Mix
- Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- Chex Party Mix
- Cranberry Nut Chex Mix
- Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
- Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Funfetti Muddy Buddies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 cups Chex cereal, Rice or Corn
- 12 ounces white almond bark
- 6 candy cane, roughly crushed
- Lay a large sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on a counter or other flat surface.
- Put the Chex cereal in a very large mixing bowl.
- Break the almond bark up and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt for 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the bark is melted and smooth. Stir in half of the crushed peppermints.
- Working quickly, pour the melted almond bark over the cereal and use a rubber spatula to make sure all the cereal is coated. Pour the cereal onto the wax paper and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed peppermints.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g