Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice – total comfort food! Chicken, rice, and corn in a creamy cheesy sauce, cooked in the crockpot.
Back in the day, I was deeply opposed to “cream of” soups. I had it in my head that they were the worst things you could possibly buy at the grocery store and whenever a recipe called for one, I would either skip it completely or make a homemade version which never really tasted like the real thing.
These days I am all about those soups. Maybe not every night, but sometimes you just can’t beat how easy it is!
This is one of those recipes that calls for a can of soup and I’m so happy I didn’t skip it. My family loves chicken and rice of all varieties but I knew they would especially love a version that calls for yellow rice, cheese, and corn. And they did! My husband said that this is a recipe that I can make frequently – but I have to also make those 7UP Biscuits you see on the plate!
Most of the cooking for this recipe is done is the slow cooker and then right before serving, you stir in the rest of the ingredients which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight or a lazy weekend day.
If you love chicken and rice dishes, my Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is perfect comfort food and it’s so easy!
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cool Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Farfalle Pasta
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle chopped onion over top and dollop cream of chicken soup over top. Allow to cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred; return to slow cooker.
- Once rice is cooked, stir it into the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Stir in shredded cheese and corn. Continue cooking just until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g