I have partnered with Jennie-O this year to bring you lots of yummy recipes featuring Jennie-O turkey.
Are you a sweet or savory breakfast person?
I’m definitely savory. I mean, I love pancakes and cinnamon rolls as much as the next person but I’d rather have those at 3 pm. Not first thing in the morning.
For breakfast, I am all about the eggs, the turkey sausage, the cheesy grits!
And this Loaded Grits Casserole has all of that and more!
If you are feeding a crowd, this casserole is perfect! Or if you are hosting a morning get together, prep it at night, pop it in the oven first thing in the morning, and have breakfast ready in about an hour!
It uses Jennie-O Lean Mild Turkey Breakfast Sausage which is a staple in my diet. I buy it almost every week because I love mixing it with acorn squash or into eggs. It is the perfect alternative to pork sausage, especially if you are watching your calories.
It’s also perfectly spiced and really delicious.
So the casserole has the Jennie-O turkey breakfast sausage, quick cooking grits, green chiles, sharp cheddar, and then you go nuts with toppings. Avocado, green onions, tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, more cheese! Pile it all on top!
If you are a grits person, you will totally love this! So much yummy stuff in each bite!
Before you head to the store for your turkey sausage, make sure you print out this $.50 off coupon for Jennie-O breakfast products!
I have several more recipes with Jennie-O coming this year so make sure you keep an eye out for those!
PS. The Jennie-O Turkey Bacon is also delicious. I may or may not have 4 packs in the fridge right now.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with oil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage and cook, breaking apart, until almost no pink remains. Add diced onion and continue cooking until sausage is cooked through and onions and soft. Drain if necessary.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Stir in grits and salt. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- To the grits, add green chiles, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, butter, and sausage mixture; stir until cheese is melted. Quickly whisk in eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use a rubber spatula to even it out. (At this point, you can refrigerate over night if you want.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the middle is set.
- Serve with desired toppings.