Meatball French Bread Pizza – perfect for pizza night! French bread with pizza sauce, homemade meatballs, and lots of cheese. Easy and delicious!
Heeeey guys, happy Friday!
Do you guys do pizza on Friday night? We usually do but we’ve been off our usual routine this summer and I’m trying to get back into it. School starts in, like, a week and a half here. Ugh.
I took them school shopping the other day. I don’t wanna talk about it.
Our babysitter got my oldest kiddo really into cooking a few months ago. Like, I would come home at night and find pancakes in the fridge for the next morning or brownies on the counter with a note that said they were just for me. Every time I went out, they would make something together.
So now, he really enjoys being in charge of pizza night. He loves for me to buy the pizza dough from Trader Joe’s or French bread for pizzas like this Meatball French Bread Pizza. And then I always serve my really easy Cheesy Breadsticks on pizza night.
French bread pizza is super easy. I just pick up some French bread from the grocery store and then I made my own meatballs (and included the recipe – using ground turkey) but you can totally use the fully cooked frozen meatballs to make life easier.
Just spread some pizza sauce on the halved French bread, top with meatballs, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes and dinner is ready.
It’s great for a weeknight meal, a movie night, or a night you just don’t feel like fussing around in the kitchen too much.
More Pizza Recipes
- Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza
- Chicken Ranch Pizza
- Texas Toast Pizza
- Bacon Alfredo Pizza
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the pizzas:
- 2 small, or 1 large French bread, sliced in half
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
To make the meatballs:
- Comebine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Take heaping teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Keep on a plate until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer half of the meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, before flipping and cooking another 5 - 6 minutes, or until fully cooked. Transfer to clean plate. Repeat with remaining teaspoon of oil and meatballs.
- Let the meatballs cool slightly and then cut them in half.
To assemble the pizzas:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on each half of the French bread. Divide halved meatballs among the French bread and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes or until French bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 915mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g