I hope you guys are ready for slow cooker recipes because I’m about to have a lot of them for you!
I told you guys last week that two of the boys are playing soccer now and since my husband deployed about a week and a half ago, I’m on my own when it comes to practices and games. Their practices don’t let out until late and there is no way I’m coming home at 8 pm and cooking dinner. So yeah, if you have any tried and true slow cooker recipes, send ’em over!
I made this over the weekend and omg ya’ll, it’s so good. I very rarely crave something this sweet but I wanted boxed brownies like you wouldn’t believe. I decided to take it a step further and added some chocolate chip cookie dough and “baked” it all together in the slow cooker. It was slightly crunchy (not potato chip-crunchy, but brownie top or cookie crunchy) on the outside and gooey on the inside. I topped it with vanilla ice cream – divine!
I know it’s not much to look at but if you’re having a lazy day or just don’t feel like turning the oven on, this is the perfect way to get rid of a sweet craving.
Three years ago: Guinness and Onion Soup with Irish Cheddar Crouton
Four years ago: Banana Nut Muffins
Five years ago: Chicken and Mushroom Cheesy Lasagna
adapted from Betty Crocker
- Spray your slow cooker with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, 1/4 cup of the melted butter, 2 eggs, and the water. Stir until everything is incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine chocolate chip cookie mix, 1/4 cup of the butter, and 2 eggs. Stir until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter and cookie dough randomly in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until cooked but still gooey in the center.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- (Note: I used a 2 quart slow cooker. If using a bigger one, cooking time may be shorter.)