Last year when Girl Scout cookies started showing up in grocery store parking lots around here, we were doing last minute preparations for deployment. I cannot tell you how many boxes we went through during that time. We were literally eating them for dinner because everything was so hectic. Plus we had a constant stream of soldiers in our house and they, like everyone else in the world, love some Girl Scout cookies. I probably bought 30 boxes.
This year? I bought 2. And they’re still sitting in the pantry. Apparently we burned ourselves out last year.
I couldn’t resist an excuse to make these Samoas Brownies though. And they’re super simple because they start with a boxed mix (or your favorite homemade recipe!) and then they’re topped with a caramel and coconut topping. After all that sets, you drizzle a teeny bit of chocolate on top.
Nicole made a Samoa Cocktail! No lie.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box of brownie mix, prepared and cooled (or your favorite recipe prepared)
- 3 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 2 14 ounce package of caramels, unwrapped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400F and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramel, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Microwave until all the caramel is melted and smooth.
- Add coconut to the caramel and stir together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting.
- Put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cut bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 3g