This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingsfordFlavor #CollectiveBias
We are officially two days away from one of the biggest grilling holidays. How excited are you? Hopefully as excited as I am.
We’ve already talked about how much I love the 4th of July but what I haven’t told you is that I’m approaching the holiday with a game plan. Because I have s’mores on my brain and I cannot even wait to roast a million marshmallows over the grill and then smush them in between graham crackers with all sorts of chocolate.
So my game plan is to cook healthy for our cookout to save calories/stomach space for the s’mores.
Enter this salad. I’ll be making this Blackened Chicken and Quinoa Salad because it’s healthy and filling and it has tons of flavors, textures, and basically all my favorite things.
So the base is quinoa and it’s tossed with a cilantro lime dressing. And then on top of that you put your Blackened Chicken. This grilled chicken is SO perfect. I used thighs because we prefer it over breasts but use what you like. The chicken is rubbed with a delicious mixture of spices and herbs and then it’s grilled until blackened. We’ve been grilling thighs like this every weekend to throw over salads and such during the week.
And then on top of the chicken, you layer avocado slices, mango, grilled corn, blueberries, feta, and more cilantro. I’m telling you, so much flavor going on here.
If you plan on grilling, you need to head over to The Home Depot and pick up the Kingsford Original Twinpack. It’s on sale for $9.88 through July 6, 2015 – over half off it’s usual price! That will keep you grilling for awhile!
Click here to find The Home Depot store closest to you so you can take advantage of this deal. Check out the Kingsford website for more ideas. And be sure to follow Kingsford on Instagram for even more inspiration. You can also find The Home Depot.
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub onto all sides of chicken.
- Grill until the chicken is blackened and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before slicing.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Whisk in cilantro. Pour over quinoa, a little at a time until it reaches your desired amount, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the quinoa onto your serving plate. Arrange the sliced chicken, sliced avocado, diced mango, diced bell pepper, corn kernels, blueberries, feta cheese, and cilantro over the quinoa.