Man, I am ready for the weekend. How ’bout you?
It has been nonstop for us this week and thankfully school lets out early tomorrow for MANDATORY ACTIVITY DAY! Woooo! I really can’t complain much about living on an Army post. I keep telling myself that I just have to get through today and then it’s all downhill to the weekend.
The highlight of my week was this Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza. I wanted something quick and easy to make for a special afterschool snack but I had no idea that it would be such a hit. There wasn’t a single piece left at the end of the day.
My favorite part of any fruity pie-type dessert is the crust/crumble/crisp/whatever so to have crust plus crisp in one dish? Heaven! I’m kind of obsessed with this recipe now and I can’t stop thinking about it. The good news is that the pie crust I bought comes in packs of 2. The bad news is that it comes in packs of 2.
If I’m up 5 pounds by next week, you’ll know why.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium apples, peeled and diced into ¼ inch pieces
For the topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
For the drizzle?
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a pizza pan with oil.
- Place pie crust on the pan and fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon in a bowl. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to mix the butter into the flour until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g